To get information about our activities in Liberia:
Country director : Gilbert Hascoet
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: 6th Street, Sinkor, Monrovia, Liberia.
Today in Liberia, a third of the population is between 15 and 35 years old, making youth at the core of the Government of Liberia’s national priorities.
With support from the Government of France through the French Development Agency (AFD), the STRIVE project is and implemented by IECD. It focuses on supporting better access to employment and economic opportunities for youth through Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). Agriculture weighs 34% of Liberia’s 2017 GDP, and STRIVE also aims at increasing farmers’ revenue through new agricultural practices.
The IECD Liberia operations focus on:
1. Strengthening Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) stakeholders.
2. Improving the employability of young people.
3. Supporting the development of new agricultural value chains.
During the 5 years of the project (2020-2025) , IECD is looking to:
– Train 100 trainers to new pedagogical practices
– Support 8 training centers in improving their trainings
– Train 2,000 young trainees and help them find employment opportunities
– Train and follow-up on 300 farmers in the development of new practices in fish farming and market gardening.
 Census 2008
 Annual Trade Bulletin 2017, Ministry of Commerce of Liberia