Yaoundé, Douala, Bafoussam, Kribi, Garoua
Cameroon Enterprises Development
This training doesn’t only teach us that we are business owners who didn’t yet know how to fulfil that role properly, but also gives us hope in our businesses in a region that represents a big development potential for the whole country.”
Beneficiary of the Basic Management Training in the Management Services Centre of Garoua, she has a small shop in the Yelwa market.
Support for small enterprises in Cameroon
Cameroon is the first country to the Support for Small Enterprises program. The activities are now deployed in five centers allowing a network to be created in the country in order to reach entrepreneurs in all regions.
2017 helped to reinforce the monitoring and performance process implemented in the Entrepreneurs Clubs. The focus was also placed on new services, such as awareness-raising about entrepreneurship in senior schools.
- 292 entrepreneurs and 111 start-up entrepreneurstrained and supported, of whom 42% are women.
- 65% of entrepreneurs increased their turnover 6 month after the training.
- 58% of start-up entrepreneurs launched their business 1 year after the training.
The Management and Service Center (MSC) celebrates its 15th anniversary and the 100th Basic Management Training (BMT).
In 2018, Cameroun Entreprises Développement (CED) celebrated its 100th Business Management Training and the 15 years anniversary of the Douala Business Development Center, a pilot center for its activities to support small entrepreneurs.
After 15 years, CED has achieved very significant objectives in Douala:
- 1153 people trained and accompanied
- 342 women trained
- 5 training sessions on setting up a Business Plan for 60 people since 2015
- 16 specialized training sessions in Management, Marketing, Accounting and Computer Skills, with 143 business leaders trained since the launch in 2008
Support to small enterprises in Cameroon – © 2011 (French video)